Cover Image by Nargyle.
I love rocks.
Anyways here’s a new D&D 5E Homebrew for Sorcerers.
One with the Earth:
Starting at 1st level, the earth around the terramancer moves to protect them and their allies from harm. They gain the following benefits.
- You know the Mold Earth cantrip and the Shield spell, these spells do not count against your number of spells known.
- The Shield spell now has a range of 30ft instead of just self. Provided the target is no higher than 10ft above the ground. The earth below them leaps upwards to intercept the attack.
Also at 1st level, the terramancer gains proficiency with shields.
As a 10 minute ritual you can craft a Stone Aegis. A shield made of stone around your spellcasting focus. The Stone Aegis allows you to cast spells and wield your shield in one hand. The Stone Aegis is considered a magic shield and becomes a +1,+2, and +3 shield at 6th level, 12th level, and 18th level respectively.
Additionally, you can expend and destroy this shield as a reaction for one free casting of the Shield spell. Your arcane focus is unharmed.
Starting at 6th level, the earth forms a protective shell over the terramancer’s body automatically protecting them from harm, allowing them to remain in the thick of the fight. They gain the following effects.
- Their Armor Class now gains a bonus equal to their Constitution Modifier. Dexterity no longer effects their Armor Class.
- At the start of each of their turns they gain temporary hit points equal to that of their Charisma modifier. This effect does not stack. If they have a +5 Charisma bonus and took no damage the last turn they would still only have 5 THP.
- They gain immunity to the petrification condition.
At 14th level, the terramancer can use a bonus action to burrow through nonmagical, unworked earth and stone. While doing so, they don’t disturb the marterial they move through.
As they glide they avoid attacks of opportunity and their speed increases to 60ft.
At 18th level, the terramancer gains Tremor Sense in a range of 30ft. This effect is always active meaning they cannot be surprised by any non-flying creature.
At 20th level you can choose to take this Class Feature instead of Sorcerous Restortation. The Terramancer can expend a 9th level spell slot in order to cast Primeval Strength.
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Component: V, S
Duration: Concentration, 1 Hour
You create a large golem made entirely of stone with you in the center. You effectively become the golem.
AC: 20 (Natural Armor)
Resistances: Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing
Condition Immunities: Exhaustion, paralyzed, Petrified, Poisoned, Unconscious.
Siege Monster: The golem deals double damage to Objects and structures.
Multiattack: You can make two slam attacks with the golem.
Slam: Melee Weapon Attack: Charisma Mod + Prof to hit, Reach 15 ft., one target 4d8+Charisma mod bludgeoning damage.
Spellcasting: You can cast spells through the golem.
Earth Tremor: As a bonus action you can cast the spell Earth Tremor without using a spell slot.
The terramancer still exists within the golem but is immune to most damage. There are only three things that effect the terramancer.
- If a spell cast forces you to make a mental saving throw it does not effect the golem but instead the terramancer.
- If the mental saving throw causes damage then it effects the terramancer and not the golem.
- If golem takes more damage than its current HP the remaining damage will transfer to the terramancer.
Anyways that’s it, lemme know what you think in the comments or @TLCStageHazard.
If you’re interested in other D&D 5E Homebrews here’s one about Level 20 Druid Class Features.