A Warrior of Shakansan
Anoeris(Ah-no-eh-ris): Sun Elf Homeland
Contrary to the average perception of elves, the Sun Elves of Anoeris are just as strong as their western neighbors the ashen dwarves of Mushtaaq. They work together with the dwarves to reinforce the Great Barrier and protect all of Menkara from the First Flame.
The vast majority of Anoeris is covered in a hot dry desert known as the Khalfani Desert. The Khalfani Desert covers much of Menkara. There are many river systems and oases that make its harsh landscapes bearable.
The people of Anoeris have an interesting relationship with death. While most cultures fear death, they embrace it. They percieve their lives as “kindle to the Great Flame,” referring to the Sun. They believe in working as hard as possible and no sacrifice being too great if it means bettering the next generation.
Similar to the ashen dwarves the elves of Anoeris respect prowess in combat over almost anything else. Though as elves with long lifespans their admiration tends to focus on precise execution over simple physical prowess.
There are many well kept secrets in this land. The technique of Bladesinging is kept safe with the wizards of Semet. The technique of Battle Trancing is kept safe with the warriors of Shakansa.
The Sun Elves and the Ashen Dwarves are two of the longest lasting civillizations in Menkara. They used to be bitter rivals fighting in many wars over the centuries. After The Witch opened up the First Flame and the two rivals were forced to cooperate. This changed the rivalry from bitter to friendly.
Every decade the two nations compete in acts of physical prowess for “dominance” and bragging rights known as “The Games.”
A Cleric of Aziza
The vast majority of people follow Ra, God of the Sun and his pantheon:
– The Guardians of Sunlight follow Ra himself. They guard all of Anoeris and after the Treaty of Kasmut they’ve started to guard various civilizations of Menkara.
– Those who maintain the Great Barrier follow Thoth, God of Knowledge.
– The clerics of Aziza follow Hathor, Goddess of Love. They are the main healers of the Guardians of Sunlight and the Ashen Knights.
– The warriors of Shakansa follow Horus, God of the Sky.
– The followers of Anubis known as The A’dala(Ay-dah-lah). A group of assassins who work outside of the law punishing those they deem evil. Rumor has it they’ve set up in lands other than Anoeris.
The leader of this land is known as a Pharoah. They are chosen at a young age and bred to be leaders. Pharoahs have absolute power in the land. They are usually taught to be kind and empathetic but that hasn’t always directly resulted in virtuous leaders. The current Pharoah is Nepherites.
– Guardians of Sunlight
– The Clerics of Aziza
– Semet College of Blades
– The A’dala
Paladins, Battle Masters, Clerics of Light and Life. Abjuration Scholars, Bards of the Sword.
Sun Elves, Ashen Dwarves, Humans